Don’t think of a mattress as being vital to your health and well-being? Think twice, as a mattress is a key part of having a great next day!
We believe that a mattress could be one of the most powerful tools you have to fight off a host of health issues including colds and flus, obesity, depression, heart disease, and other maladies. You spend almost half your day in bed, so it’s key that you’re comfortable and supported. If you’re sleeping on a mattress that’s worn out or needs to be replaced, you could be robbing yourself of restorative, restful sleep.
What a Mattress Could Help You With
A person may need a different mattress as they age or if they have become frail, lost or gained weight, had an injury or surgery or a medical condition such as arthritis. And as far as mattress warranties go, don’t trust them! They’re not an indicator of how long the mattress should be used before it needs replacing, in-fact some mattresses can last more than 20 years longer than the warranty without a problem.
Unfortunately, a worn-out mattress is not as easy to spot as issues with other products. Keeping an eye on these signals may help you determine whether it’s time to buy a new mattress:
- You’re Experiencing Aches & Pains
- Waking up with back and or neck pain, numbness, stiffness, and aches are telltale signs it’s time to replace your mattress.
- You’re Not Sleeping Well
- Waking frequently during the night that isn’t related to sleep apnea can be a sign your mattress is preventing your body from relaxing and being able to sleep properly.
- You Sleep Better at your Friends
- This one is simple but important.
- You See a Dent
- Any visible sagging spots, indentations or areas on the surface of the mattress that appear or feel uneven mean it’s time to ditch your mattress. If you feel coils, rethink your mattress.
- Allergy Symptoms are Kicking Up
Professional Tips for Mattress Shopping
Keep these tips in mind when you’re looking for a new mattress:
- Do your Homework!
- Know your needs and research your mattress size and mattress type options before you head to the store to determine your individual sleep needs.
- Do a Test-Drive if Possible
- Don’t be shy in the store. Kick your shoes off and lie down on several different models in various positions—including the one or two you typically sleep in. And wear comfortable clothes that allow you to lie down, roll over and move around on the bed.
- Don’t Rush into a Decision
- According to the BSC, it can take up to 15 minutes to relax enough to feel the true support of a mattress. Spending a few extra minutes in the store while shopping can spare you from committing to a mattress you don’t love. The store sales staff will push you, but don’t rush this decision because it’s important!
- Shop, Shop, Shop Around
- Mattresses are sold at furniture stores, department stores, sleep specialty shops and even discount warehouse stores. The BSC suggests looking for a retailer that has a sales staff knowledgeable about brands, warranties, and benefits of the various mattresses.
For more information, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Founded in 1990, Restwell sells its product line through National Retail & Independent Dealers in North America. Restwell also has a Hospitality Sales Division which services corporate accounts across Canada.
Restwell manufactures all bedding, at its state-of-the-art facility in Surrey B.C., to order through “just in time” production techniques which serves its dealers and customers more efficiently. Most bedding orders are scheduled, produced and shipped within 3 days of receipt with fast, friendly and reliable service on our dedicated trucking fleet.